Google Adwords Dimensions Tab 12 Oct 2012
Google is always adding facilities and services to make things easier for Adwords users and the Dimensions tab is just another attempt by Google to make things simpler. In this post we will be covering everything there is to know about the The Google Adwords Dimensions Tab.
Google Adwords is essentially the search engine giant’s Pay Per Click service. It is really quite simple and straightforward and once users get the hand of it, they can actually take care of pretty much everything associated with their Adwords account with little or no help. By adding tabs like ‘Dimensions’ Google aims to make things even more convenient.Adwords includes various features that make it an extremely easy tool to get accurate information on the traffic that advertisers are getting and how well their campaign is running. Users also get all clicks-related information.
Advertisers who have experience in running Adwords campaigns already know that once you get past the basics, the task of making the campaign effective and productive is a complex and time consuming one. In order to get the best results, business owners and advertisers usually outsource management, but with the increase in number of helpful tabs, Google is looking to make the task of management simpler. As of now, there are 9 Adwords tabs that Google offers. These are:
- Campaigns tab – analyzes performance of all campaigns.
- Ad groups – gives an insight into how individual ad groups are performing.
- Settings – lets you adjust settings that have an effect on the campaign like budgeting, bidding options, etc.
- Ads – the tab gives data on each ad running on your account.
- Keywords – lets you see keywords and manage them from within the tab.
- Networks – gives detailed data and information on how ads are performing on the Display and Search Networks.
- Audiences – this for advertisers who have targeted specific audiences based on interest groups or are using the remarketing features of Adwords campaigns.
- Ad extensions – for advertisers who have opted to include more information about their business in their ad campaigns, the Ad Extension report presents data on how effective their additional efforts have been.
- Dimensions tab is one of the newest tabs, lets advertisers view campaign data based how they want to view it.
Users who have been involved in Google Adwords paid search campaigns are already aware of the Dimensions tab. They understand the significance of the data offered. With the Dimensions tab, advertisers can view, download and email reports directly. Here’s more information on this useful tab.What is the Dimensions Tab for?As a part of the Campaigns tab, the Adwords Dimensions tab, in essence, offers users more flexibility over the data for all their accounts, or it may be used for a single account only. The data that is collected through this tab is easy to analyze when users are looking to target specific customers, cutback on spendings and make better conversions.
The tab lets users break up the data on traffic as per their preferences. This can be around one particular campaign or the whole account. These broken down figures and information help users make their campaigns and account more effective with lesser spend.With the Dimensions tab, users can easily evaluate traffic and also meet the goals that they have set for the campaign in terms of performance and finances.
With this tab, users can categorize and analyze their data as per the dimension of their preferences across an entire campaign, a single ad group or the whole account. Dimensions can also be used to view data and statistics that cut across other tabs. For example, users can view total statistics based on search terms, a particular month, timeframe or even a single geographic region.Dimensions Reports that Offer Most Value to Users
- Search Queries/Keywords – The keywords report is, without a doubt, the most useful Adwords report. With this reports, one can see how each and every keyword used in the campaign has performed. With this, users can choose to keep or drop certain terms. Another thing that the keyword report can help an advertiser do is get rid of broad, broad modified or phrase matched keywords that might trigger the ads even when searches are irrelevant.
- Geographic – The geographic report generated through the relevant tab allows users to break conversion data and traffic as per geographic location.
- Destination URL – This particular report allows advertisers to see performance of each individual destination URL within the campaign. With this report, it becomes easier to track exactly what kind of performance each landing page is generating.
How do these Reports Help Improve Campaign Performance?
The reports generated with the help of Dimensions tab are highly beneficial in tracking data and improving campaigns based on stats and figures. With the keyword report, users can eliminate search terms or keywords that are not giving results so as to cut down the campaign spend. Also, with a track of which keywords are performing well, advertisers can take steps to make these more prominent in their campaign and generate more leads and income.
The geographic report,
When used in conduction with the Adwords geo-targeting feature, can help increase conversion rates by targeting areas from where clicks and conversions are most recorded. Advertisers can successfully see which city or area is generating more business and target that particular place instead of spending on campaigns that are running for area which have shown 0 conversions over the months.
Dimensions destination URL Report
Advertisers can see how effective their landing pages are. A good Adwords campaign is the first step, but if the landing pages are not up-to-the-mark, the entire exercise of setting up a good campaign is futile. With the data generated through the destination URL report, users can make informed decisions on how they can make their landing pages better. Once you know which landing pages on your site are performing well, it is easier for you to optimize the ones that are not.
More Dimensions Tab Reports Time
With the time report, users can view data based on days of the week, time of the day, hour, etc., to see when the campaign has been most successful. Armed with this data, advertisers can work towards building a stronger campaign aimed at those times.
The conversions reports give users a little extra information on conversions. A breakdown by the purpose or conversion name is presented.
By targeting certain sites on the content network that works towards collecting demographic data, the report gives users a breakdown of how the response of different demographics has been with regards to the campaigns. Advertisers can then choose to concentrate on and prune well performing campaigns.
With this report, advertisers can see where their site is placed on the content network. Free Clicks and Call Details are two more reports that advertisers can generate through the Dimensions tab.
When it comes to Adwords campaign management, most business owners prefer to hand the job over to PPC experts. Google is, however, always working towards making campaign management simpler by introducing tabs for easy tracking of data and report generation.
The Dimensions tab
When used correctly, can help advertisers make decisions that would ensure that their campaigns perform well by eliminating non-performing elements and concentrating more on those that are doing well. This also helps cut down on the campaign spend and increase income.